Family Member of Patient
Common Questions About Dental Implants
What Are Dental Implants?
The difference is that the implant is made of titanium – the same time-tested material used by surgeons for artificial joints. When you lose a tooth, you lose both the root and the crown. Dental implants are small metal posts which are inserted into the jawbone, where teeth have been removed. These posts are generally made of titanium or zirconium, which bonds with the bone, creating the root foundation for the artificial teeth. Dental implants are also a very popular option because they prevent jawbone deterioration, which occurs when teeth are missing, keeping the facial structure intact.
During your consultations, we would also be happy to go over your insurance coverage and fees for your procedure. While coverage for dental implants varies from policy to policy, we will work with you closely to make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled.
Dental implant placement is a team effort between an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and a restorative dentist. Dr. Jessen performs the actual implant surgery, initial tooth extractions, and bone grafting if necessary. The restorative dentist (your dentist) fits and makes the permanent crown or prosthesis. Your dentist will also make any temporary prosthesis needed during the implant healing process. To replace the missing tooth, Dr. Jessen first replaces the missing root with a dental implant. Time is required, usually, 6-8 weeks for the bone to heal and grow around the dental implant. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth. A support post (abutment) is then placed on the implant and a new replacement tooth (crown) is placed on top of the abutment. In many cases, a temporary replacement tooth can be attached to the implant immediately after it is placed. If all of your teeth are missing, a variety of treatment options are available to support the replacement teeth such as the All on 4, Trefoil and Removable Denture.
Ready for your dental implant procedure? Contact the experts at Jessen Oral Surgery today for the best dental implant surgery in Ogden, UT!
Watch What Our Patients Have To Say About Their Dental Implant Experience
Types of Dental Implant Restorations Offered At
Jessen Oral Surgery
- A single prosthesis (crown) is used to replace one missing tooth – each prosthetic tooth attaches to its own implant.
- A partial prosthesis (fixed bridge) can replace two or more teeth and may require only two or three implants.
- A complete dental prosthesis (fixed denture) replaces all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw. The number of implants varies depending upon which type of complete prosthesis (removable or fixed) is recommended.
- A removable prosthesis (over denture) attaches to a bar or ball in socket attachments, whereas a fixed prosthesis is permanent and removable only by the dentist.
- Dentures held in place by dental implants can free you from the negative effects of conventional dentures, preventing bone loss and freeing you to eat the foods you once loved. Fixed dentures fit comfortably and securely in your mouth, eliminating slippage and embarrassing clicking noises. Your dentures will no longer be obvious to anyone – perhaps even you!
Experience. Care. Community.
Why Choose Our Oral Surgery Office?
From the initial contact, you will be met with a warm, welcoming atmosphere of our office to your post-surgical recovery plan, every aspect of your experience and care at Jessen Oral Surgery will exceed your expectations.
As a patient of Jessen Oral Surgery, you can expect to be treated as an individual deserving of our full attention, not as simply another patient. Your treatment will be tailored to your specific needs and wants, down to the finest detail. The only result Dr. Jessen finds acceptable is the optimal result.
Combined Years of Experience
Generations of Oral Surgeons
Get To Know Dr. Jessen
Other Procedures We Offer
Jessen Oral Surgery
Jessen Oral Surgery offers a full scope of oral and maxillofacial procedures. Our patients receive outstanding care with our knowledge of the latest surgical techniques and state of the art diagnosing and surgical equipment. Our priority is to give each patient individual care in an understanding, caring and a comfortable environment provided by Dr. Jessen and his team.